Happy New Year everyone. We have moved from Beaumont to Harlingen. It is nice and warm here. It was 94F today and a little muggy.
Glad to hear you are back in Yuma, Gary and Carolyn. We thought of you often over the holidays. It is hard to loose a family member. We had bad news just before Christmas, my cousin Dianna who we visited in Vernon this summer passed away. She was only 39. It was her appendix which didn't burst but poisoned her and she thought the cramps were menstral. You never know. My philosophy is to live each day as if it were our last.
We are in Sunshine RV Park here in Harlingen. It isn't the one you were in Gary when you were here. There is Sunburst, Sunshine and Sun Valley. It is very large, over 1000 sites. Lots of activities and I am enjoying the pool. I am going to water exercises every day Monday to Friday. We could have gone to a dance last night but decided to rent movies instead. We watched Icon. It was good. We also had shrimp and steaks for dinner. I fell asleep before midnight. Rob said there were lots of fireworks at midnight.
We drove over to South Padre Island today. There was lots of debris all over the beach from fireworks and last night's beach parties. There were some great kite flying though. Rob should have brought his.
We had our first real encounter with fire ants. Rob stood in a nest in our site day before yesterday. He got several bites but they didn't blister. I got one bite when I picked up his shorts and through them outside as he ran for the shower. We laugh about it now. They came and put some stuff on the nest and it died. We haven't figured out if the chemical did it or they didn't like Rob's flavour.
Well I guess I better go. I am doing this in McDonald's as it is the only WIFI we have found so far. They have dial up at the clubhouse but this is faster. I'll blog when I can.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home