Well we have arrived in Beaumont. We spent two nights in Mexico Beach on the Florida panhandle. Rob had spent a couple of holidays here and wanted to see if it had changed much and it had. I had a great walk onthe beach the second day but the first we spent in the motorhome as we were under a Tornado Warning all morning. We got lots of thunder and lightning but no funnels.
We then drove to Fort Walton Beach and spent a night in the Walmart. We went out for dinner with Bill and Sylvia Lucas, friends from the Diesel Page. We haven't seen them for two years so it was great to catch up on the news.
We then started our trek through the gulf states. It was a sea of blue tarps and downed trees. They sure have a lot of clean up still to do. The campgrounds were filled up with workers so we stayed the night in the Camping World parking lot in Hammond LA last night. The I10 around Lake Charles is in very bad shape. We managed to keep the fillings in our teeth but it was hard.
The campground here in Beaumont was able to accommodate us for the extra two days by juggling sites. They were able to get us in a site and we don't have to move. The staff here is great as they are very full with workers too. We are here until Dec 28th. I haven't seen my girlfriend yet as she works nights as a nurse and was heading to bed when I talked to her. I will get to see her briefly tomorrow. She has some days off starting on Wednesday.
Well that is the latest. We have settled in here and I have decorated for Xmas. I will try to blog again before Xmas but in case I don't have a great holiday.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home