Sunday, November 20, 2005

We are still here in Florida. We will be here for awhile as Rob and Randy are working on several projects. I have finally started to take control of my body. I need to lose weight and I need to do some exercise. I have walked two miles every day this week and I am enjoying it. This area is well treed and it is dirt or sand roads and not too much traffic. I go between 7 and 8 every morning. It is helping me sleep as well. I am also watching what I put in my mouth. That is a little difficult with Randy's southern cooking but I have been cutting out potatoes and trying to eat smaller portions and more salad to fill up.

I went shopping one day this week to Michaels and Office Max, two of my favourite stores. I bought a new address book and transfered all the info in pencil so it can be changed. I bought a few scrapbooking items also. It was Carol's birthday on Friday .so the girls all went to a morning movie, "Elizabethtown", a chick flick. It was a good movie and we had a private showing as the five of us were the only ones in the theatre, then we went out for lunch. Yesterday I went to a Christmas craft show with Carol's Mom, Sherry. Carol had an outting with her friend for her birthday, so Sherry and I went out for the day together. We had a nice time.

We are busy planning decorations and menus for Thanksgiving which is this Thursday. It is supposed to be 75F and fine according to the long range forecast. There is a game planned for the front forty that resembles crocetbut played by kicking a soccer ball through hoops. It should be fun. We are having deep fried turkeys for dinner. I am making my Moms raisin pudding and Parmesian Asparagus using a recipe out of my new Soroity Cook Book that my special sister sent me the other day.

I talked to Rosie today from home. She is one of the girls I used to work with. We had a nice chat getting caught up. I'll blog again later in the week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home