We are nearing the end of November and our trip south is appearing on the Horizon. Yeah!!! It has been really cold, damp and miserable the last few days and it just makes us want to be on the move even more.
We decorated the Motorhome for Xmas this week. I have never done it so early before but as we will have to take it down on Dec 27th to put the stuff back in the storage bin we thought we would enjoy it. Some of our neighbours are decorated also. Rob really got into it this year so we look mighty fine if I do say so.
We have passed the month with reading, installing a new microwave, crafts, jigsaw puzzles, and watching TV. Gary and Rob go to the movies every Monday night. Carolyn celebrated her birthday this month so I took her for lunch. We went out for dinner with the Ouseys to the Waddling Dog. We used the $50.00 we finally got from the Campground in Texas. It only took 8 months to get. They had a promotion that if we brought someone new to the campground we would get the money so we took Gary and Carolyn there. I have attended several sorority meetings and enjoyed being with the girls. I really miss this when we are on the road.
My Mom is doing really well on her own. She is keeping very busy downsizing so that she can go into a smaller apartment next year. She is going to stay in Halifax for Xmas and will spend it with Dad's brothers and sister. She is coming to Arizona to visit us for a couple of weeks in February and will visit Bill and Bernie this summer when she can go to the cottage with them.
We hope to go to an outdoor concert of Tuba Players on Saturday as well as the Annual Truck Parade is in the evening. They have over 100 commercial trucks all decorated in the parade. Should be fun.
The only bad thing this month was that we got rear ended last Saturday. There is a fair bit of damage to the vehicle and I have a sore neck. I am going to the Doctor today to get it checked out. We were at a full stop at a red light. The lady obviously wasn't paying attention and ran right into us pushing us five or six feet in the guy in front of us. As Rob likes to put it we were the meat in the sandwich. Oh well, there will be no money out of our pocket.
We are having the Xmas Luncheon with the Good Sam's on Dec 9th. We are going for Chinese food. It will be nice to see everyone.
I guess that is all the news for now. I have all my parcels and cards sent so I can just sit back and enjoy the season.

<< Home