Home to Victoria
Well I am sure you all thought I had given up blogging but I haven't. We arrived at the Air Show on July 21st and found 7 units there from our Bluebird group and the rest arrived during the next two days. There were 9000 camping units there by the time the air show started on the 23rd. There was everything from people living out of the back of their car, people sleeping in a horse trailer with a tarp over it to full size motorhomes. It was amazing. The first air display on the Monday was fantastic. They wrote in the sky, did lots of loop de loops and the highlight for me was when a fighter jet flew in formation with a little old by-plane. This great display was followed by an awesome concert by the Beach Boys. Only one member was original but the music was great. We also took in the Museum on Sunday which was great too.
I had to leave unfortunately on Tuesday. I got a call on Sunday from my Mom and she had taken Dad to hospital the night before and he wasn't doing well. I rushed home as did my brother and sister-in-law and we were glad we did as Dad passed away on the 27th. It was a tough go but it was wonderful to see how many people cared about my Dad as the visitation at the Funeral Home and the funeral were very well attended.
I missed the dedication of the cottage at Berwick Camp but I did get there for three days. I stayed with friends, Eric and Louise, but spent the days on the camp grounds. Thanks guys for the hospitality. Your home is beautiful and it is wonderful to have friends like you. I saw alot of people I knew and it gave me a bit of a break before getting into the paper work involved to settle Dad's estate.
Bill and Bernice , my brother and his wife, went home on the 6th of August and I stayed on until the 22nd. We got all the thank you's written and alot of the paper work started. Mom is handling all of this very well. She plans to stay where she is until next year at least. I got to visit with my two friends Laurie and Mary Lynn while I was in Halifax. Mom and I had a night away down in the Valley. We stayed in a relative's Bed and breakfast. It was a beautiful old home in Port Williams. It was a nice break.
Rob worked his way home on his own. I need a new road atlas as he cut up the maps he needed because it was easier to look at. Ha!! He missed his "Nagagator". He arrived home on the 19th.
We are back in Victoria now for a week or so and then we are off on a 10 day trek up Island with our Good Sam friends. We are both looking forward to that. Rob is going on a long weekend jaunt to the mainland with two of his buddies mid month. We seem to be always on the go. Before we know it, it will be time to go South for the winter.
Well that's all the news for now. Bye for now.

<< Home