Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Back in Victoria

Well here I am back in Victoria after a month away. I was in Halifax for 3 weeks looking after Mom and Dad. Mom is doing well and we will know how the hip is healing next week when she sees the Surgeon. I was able to get them some private Home Care for three hours in the morning and three hours at supper time. It seems to be going well. The provincial government system failed them and were not able to help so we had to go private but the company is fabulous and I felt comfortable that they would be looked after. It looks like the next step is a move down to Northwood into an assisted living apartment. It is becoming too much for Mom to look after herself and Dad too. They are looking at making this move next fall.

I stopped in Regina for a week on the way home. I got to spend a little time at Bill's cottage and had some good quality time with both Bernie and Bill. I got to see Jeff's kids and boy have they grown. The time goes by so quick.

I got home last Thursday and left Friday morning to go to a Good Sam Campout for the weekend in Duncan. It was a joint campout with two other chapters and it was great fun. We had a garage sale, pie walk, chinese auction, bingo and lots of great conversations.

Merlin is out being groomed this morning. I hope he doesn't bite anyone. He is not very good at grooming manners. We will see how it goes. He is at a new place and we will see if they will let us bring him back after this session. HA.

We are starting to get plans in place for the winter. Ann and Tony were here for supper last night and it was the main topic of conversation. I am trying to pay back people for feeding Rob while I was away. Gary and Carolyn are next.

Well that's all the news for now. I'll blog again next week.