Sunday, April 30, 2006


Well, we are settling into our life here in Victoria, even Merlin as you can see. We finally finished the storage unit and now we have a big empty hole in the middle of it which makes it easier access things when we want them, tools, books etc. We made about $900.00 so far and still have a couple of things on the buy and sell site on the computer. We are pleased as it made a good donation to the fuel fund for next winter.

I had a busy week. I went to a Founder's Day Soroity banquet on Monday night. I saw lots of people there I haven't seen for a couple of years. Tuesday night I went out to dinner with my soroity sisters at Kelsey's and then we joined a couple of others at a play at one of the high schools. It was fabulous. It was done by the students and they did the musical "42nd Street". Wednesday night I went to Sue T's to a candle party. I had no intension of buying anything but I won a draw for $40.00 worth of candle products so I spent it on a lantern that you put votives or tealights in for the picnic table. Thursday night was scrapbooking night with Sue. We are doing this every week and we are making good progress on our books. Friday night we had dinner over at the Ouseys, fabulous as always and great company too.

I also went to three water exercise classes last week at the pool. I really like this kind of exercise and it is the only thing I will be able to stick to. Gail went with me on Thursday. We tried the deep water one but I prefer the shallow end classes. It was harder on my leg.

Rob hasn't been as busy but he fills his time with the daily crossword and the occational outing and a few jobs that need doing on the rig. He went to China Town for his lunch of Wor Won Ton Soup and sticky rice, his favourite, with the gang he used to work with. He really enjoyed that. He plans to go to Graham's some night this week to work on Grahams car restoration.

We are going to the movies tomorrow night with the Ousey's to see RV with Robin Williams. It is supposed to be really funny.

I had my visit to the Infectious Diseases Specialist last week and after much discussion we decided to avoid any surgery for now and he reduced the penicillan daily dose from three times of day to twice a day. They will monitor my blood work and we will see what happens.

Well that's all the news for this week. Talk to you all next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home