Sun, Sun and More Sun
We had a wonderful weekend at the Sooke Flats Campground with our Good Sam friends. We had two campfires, crafts, garage sale visits, charades and lots of laughs. The weather could not have been much better. A little cool in the evenings but sunny and warm in the day time. The Canada Geese had lots of babies following around behind them and the swans were sitting on their nests. A great weekend was had by all.
Rob went sailing in the races on Wednesday with Graham and his son Kevin. They had a great time. I built the supper meal for them to take. Cookies and ham and cheese subs. There wasn't much left when they came home. The only downer of the whole outing was that they came in dead last. HA!
While Rob was out sailing, I had a date at the movies with Gary Ousey. I got free tickets to see a pre showing of Poesiden. Rob doesn't like disaster movies and Gary's wife Carolyn gets nightmares from these movies so gary and I took advantage of the free tickets. A great show with great effects,a little lacking in story. We enjoyed it though. I want to see United 93 but can't get anyone else to go so I guess I will have to wait for it to come out in video. The four of us will be going to see De Vinci Code next week.
We planned our fishing trip with Tony, Ann, Joan and Neil for two weeks time. We will go to Campbell River, then to Port Alberni and then to Nanaimo for another Good Sam weekend. It should be a good time.
We have been doing the usual, crafts, crosswords, sudoku, exercise class etc. It is supposed to be sunny and warm all week. It is already 75F today and just a few wispy clouds.Summer is here. Yeah!!
That's all the news for this week. Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers out there.

<< Home