Our stay in Washington has come to an end. We ended up staying a couple of extra days one to see more and the other to wait out the reminants of Tropical Storm Tammy. We went to the Natural History Museum and it was fabulous. Of course the dinosaurs were the best along with the hope diamond. I was in awe of the size of the dinosaurs. I would have liked to have spent more time in the Plate techtonics section but we hit it last and the legs were getting weary.
The next day we went to the Holocaust Museum. What an eye opener it was. I knew a fair amount about the Holocaust but I learned alot more. What a horrible event. We both came away very sad. We were going to then go to the Spy Museum but it was raining buckets and we were both getting very wet so we went home. We have had over 5 inches of rain in two days here. That is why we stayed til today. It is still cloudy this morning but isn't raining. We should be able to drive out of it.
Our next stop is Wilson NC for a rest stop. We have walked miles the last few days and I am really tired. We are going to spend five nights just relaxing, doing laundry,etc. We won't be on line unless we can find a library or a coffee shop. It is a Passport America campground for $10.00 a night. It has a pool, cement pad to park on(imp after all this rain), and 50 amp service. How bad can it be? We will see.
Our next stop is Myrtle Beach for five nights at the KOA. We will have WIFI there so will blog then. We met a couple yesterday from Shaunigan Lake, imagine that. We went to a movie and supper with them last night. They saw A History of Violence and I went to Flight Plan. Both were ok but not fabulous. Bye for now.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home