Sunday, April 01, 2007

Speed Trials in Maxton NC, Homeward Bound

We just had a wonderful three days in Maxton NC where we watched the speed trials. For those who don't know what this is they have a long straight track and people with souped up cars, motorcycles and homemade vehicles run down the track as fast as they can and they are timed for how fast they went. We saw all kinds of creations and some very fast cars and bikes. The fastest car I saw was 222 miles per hour and the fastest bike was 220 miles per hour. We had a group of 21 Bluebirds. One of our group ran his homemade vehicle three times and his fastest run was 120.8 miles per hour. He had t-shirts made for us all to wear at his crew. The car is called Rat Bastard so that is what is on the shirt. We had lots of laughs and he was really excited as it was the first time he had ever done this. Great job Guy!! I will add a picture next time after I download the pictures from my camera. We had fantasic putlucks every meal so i must go back on my diet now. I have gained back at least 10 lbs of what I lost and must loose it again.

We are now on our way west. We are staying tonight just east of Atlanta in a Flying J Truck stop for the night. We will take Interstate 20 to just east of El Paso and then I10 to Romoland CA, our next stop. We hope to be there next weekend. That means about 400 miles a day. Shouldn't be too bad. Well that's all for now. Have to get ready for the 2 hour special of Amazing Race tonight and we have to watch the Basketball game tomorrow night. The Florida Gators are up against the Ohio Buckeyes again. This time is basketball and last time it was football. It will be a hard fought game as they will want revenge after we made gator bait out of them in Football. Ha!!! Carol has created a monster. All of a sudden I am a sports fan of College sports.