Romoland, Tom's Exclusive, Golden Palms
Well it has been a couple of weeks since I blogged. We arrived in Romoland on the Saturday of the Easter weekend. It was a good trip across the country. We spent a night in our favourite little campground in Bowie AZ out in the middle of no where. The trains went by all night long. Rob was in heaven.
We stopped in Eloy for a few hours so Rob could get the wheels polished. What was supposed to take an hour or so took 5. It was almost 90F so it was hot but the wheels look good. I called the farm to say hello and see you in the fall and got bad news. Kathy, the office manager at Wong's farm has been diagnosed with Colon Cancer. I talked to her again this week and she will be having Radiation as well as Chemo as it is not operable. She is a strong lady and we both have our fingers crossed that things will go well.
We got to Greg and Tim's place. What a zoo. They have seven dogs, 3 Rotwheillers, 2 Scotties, one Lab, and a Border Collie. The border collie named Daphne was a rescue dog and had been abused by a female so she didn't like me very much. I gave her wide clearance. Rob was able to make friends with her because he always had a cookie in his pocket for her. Even so she was very standoffish. The Scotties names were Molly and Snoop (the only male dog) . The Rot's were Gracy,...... and now I have forgotten the other two and the lab. Oh well. I just called them the girls. HA. Merlin got along with daphne and Molly but we put the rest indoors while he was out. The boys took us out for two meals, one to a Chinese restaurant that was in several train cars. It was cool and great food. They also took us to dinner at the Steer n Stein in Hemet. That was a good meal too. I cooked the rest of the NS Scallops on night for them as a treat.
On the week end we went to the Outdoor Resort where Tom McCarthy and Carolyn have their Bluebird. It is beautiful. Sort of reminds me of Cocopah Resort in Yuma as it has a golf course running right through it. You can buy a site here for 84,000 to 125,000. Tom has bought his and it is now under construction. They are building an outdoor bar/kitchen. It will have a water feature, a barbeque, a flat screen tv, a fireplace and two sitting areas. Wow , you should see some of them. He wants us to come for a month and rent next year. Of course ou site won't have all these ammenities if we do it. He is going to see what kind of deal he can get for us. I don't expect it will be in our grasp. Two nights there cost 104.00USD with Tom's discount. We had a ball though riding around in Tom's golf cart.
We are now at Golden Palms for a week. We usually stop here once a year to get the half price week. I have been swimming everyday except yesterday. Yesterday was cold, windy and wet. I think someone upstairs is trying to prepare us for home. HAHA. We will leave here tomorrow to head north. We are going to make a stop at Seven Feathers in Oregon for my casino fix. We should be in Fort Victoria by next Thursday or Friday. So this will be my last blog until we get home.

<< Home