Monday, October 02, 2006

Another Great Camping Weekend

Another week has passed and the time to leave for the south is drawing near. My health issues seem to be sorting themselves out. I have started on the blood thinner and that should eliminate the A-fib I have been experiencing. We got the dose right on the first attempt so just need to consult the insurance company as to when I can leave. If I can't leave with Rob I will fly to Arizona and join him there for the rest of the trip. We have been working on routes with Tony and Ann Eng as they are travelling down with us. If I can't go with them I will stay in their house until I can fly to Arizona and Tony's Mom will keep Rob company as she is going as well.

We had a great weekend camping out at Sooke Flats with some of our Military friends. We a couple of great campfires and great food. My diet went out the window for two days but I am back on it again so I hope it didn't set me back. At the last weigh in at the Doctor's office I had lost 21 pounds. We saw lots of wild life this weekend. Huge salmon were jumping in the river as they are spawning. There were swans, a seal, an otter and lots of Canada Geese. The biggest event was the Black Bear. Thankfully he was on the other side of the river when I saw him but Heather saw him early in the AM on our side. He didn't bother anyone and we were all carefull about leaving anything outside that might smell good to him. HA. Carolyn and Gary came out Saturday for dinner. George cooked up great ribs and great fried chicken.

Well, we have lots of duties to do before we go. I have to change addresses with alot of people, a few duties for the Morse Cemetery Care & Maintenance Society, and Christmas cards etc. This month will be very busy. Well I had better go and get started. Until next week.