Hello everyone. I tried to blog the other day and for some reason the site seemed to be down and I couldn't post. We have gotten through Tornado Alley unscathed. We hit some pretty severe weather in Indiana so drove until we were out of it. I have never seen such black skies, heavy rain and huge lightning bolts. We used Walmarts and Flying J's all the way from Sturgis to Western Pennsylvania. We spent one night in a campground with a huge swimming pool but after we got all set up and I walked all the way down to the pool I was told because we only paid half price (Passport America rate) that I had to pay $6.00 to go for a swim. I was so ticked and of course my money was back at the bus, so I didn't get my swim. We had a really bad storm that night too.
We arrived here in Collegeville,Pennsylvania(just north of Philly) on the 30th. We had a quite day on Friday as Tom had to work. Saturday they took us to Amish Country for a great ride around all the farms and villiages. It was awesome and we picked up Broasted Chicken for supper. It is a very interesting culture. Yesterday I went to the laundry mat and washed all the bedding and caught up on our clothes in the morning. It was run by a Vietnamise couple who helped load the machines and move the wet things to the drier ect. I've never had so much help but it was very expensive, about $20.00 for 4 loads. We went north of here about 1 hour to a campground to visit the people we both know from New Jersey. We had a swim in the pool and had supper with them. It was a great visit and we ended it by sitting around the campfire.
Today we drove into Philly to see some of the downtown area. We couldn't go into the Historical section as it is July 4th and everything is blocked off and full of people. The architecture of some of the old buildings such as city hall and several churches was so different from all the modern high rises. We drove over to New Jersey and back through Delaware to Collegeville and this was all within an hour or so from home. We are going somewhere tonight fro fireworks but not into Philly. We leave here tomorrow morning and head for New Hampshire. My next job is to contact the two people in that area to figure out which direction to go first. We will soon be in the Maritimes.
Well I guess that is all the news for now. I like your new blog site Gary. It is really easy to read.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home