The desert is sunny and cool this morning, only 41F. We have had a busy couple of days. Day before yesterday we went to Oatman a small western town about 160 miles away from here. The attraction there are the burros that come into town every day. I would too if they fed me as much as these burro get fed by the tourists. You can buy carrots or hay cubes to feed them with so at least they are eating the right stuff. We also stopped in Lake Haversu City to go to Walmart and to see London Bridge. It is an actual bridge that they moved from London to the desert. Go figure. Our final stop was the casino in Parker. Everyone else went to the buffet but I decided to gamble with my $24.00 and I came out on top. I left with $32.00. Big time winner!!!Ha.
I got an instamatic camera with the christmas and birthday money from my brother and I took my first pictures in Oatman. They turned out pretty good. I am going to figure out how to download them to my computor today.
Yesterday we celebrated Rob's Birthday. He was 56. We had a lunch with all the crowd here. We cooked hamburgers and hotdogs and we had "Green Shit" for dessert. It is Rob's favourite. It is a Pistachio pudding that Carolyn makes for Rob usually on his birthday. He prefers it to cake. We sat around the campfire (propane fire ring) last evening to round off the day.
Our friends Tom and Carolyn McCarthy arrived on Sunday from San Diego. It is great to have them here even though they can only stay a couple of days. We will see them again next month for the Southwest rally and FMCA rally in Pulmona.
Our friends Heather and Don will be here tomorrow for a visit. They are driving down from Vegas where they are staying for a week or so. It will be nice to see them again too.
I plan to take advantage of a quiet day today to do some embroidery. I have watched alot of Olympics the last week or so. I love the Winter Olympics.
John Ellerton, if you are reading, Happy Birthday today.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home