Sunday, October 31, 2004

I have been a little lax since my last blog. I have been busy with Emergency Social Services stuff. I have also been knitting a baby set (hat, sweater,and afgan) for Michelle, don's daughter. The baby is due the first of December so I still have a month and I have it almost all done.

I went to Vancouver last week for three nights to the EP Conference. It was held at the Sheraton Wall Centre. It is a really nice hotel and the room was quite large. The seminars were interesting. Some of the topics were Global Warming, Pandemics, Emergency Awareness in the Public Sector and Mount St. Helens. It was very interesting but very much on the management level. We had a pub night which was a Halloween Party. It was lots of fun.

Rob and I are also busy looking after the last minute things before we head south including medical, banking, etc. We called my best friend Laurie in Texas this morning and told her we were coming to see her in Texas for sure. She is so excited and so am I. We haven't seen each other for 11 years.

We had Mrs Kitch over today to see our new home. She visited for a couple hours and then we took her out to Moxies for dinner. Don joined us too as there was an open house at his place today and he had to get out. We all had a good meal although the boys Won Ton Soup was quite spicy.

Well that's all the news for this week. I'll blog sometime during the week after we learn how to retire at the Scan Seminar on the base this week. HA. I think I have that down pat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home