Back in Victoria
The rest of our trip home to Victoria was uneventful. We had good weather most of the way. We did see a little snow in Wyoming but we were up on a plateau at 7000 feet . Rob drove the 3500 miles in 7 1/2 days. The driving was not too difficult even though he had broken ribs.
Rob has been busy since we got back doing odd jobs on the rig. He gets tired easily as the muscles in his neck and back are still fairly weak from the accident so he does a little everyday. He has washed the rig and car. He has fixed the big mudflap in the rear of the motorhome and several other jobs.
We have been catching up with all of our friends. It was a little difficult for the first week as we had just our cell phone with limited minutes and very little internet but that was all corrected on Friday when Shaw arrived and hooked us up. I think I talked all day yesterday on the phone. HA!!
Carolyn and Gary had supper waiting for us on the day we got home. What great friends we have!!! We had them over Monday night for burgers. Carolyn and I chatted for the evening while Gary and Rob went to the movies. They are right back into their monday night routine. I have been going to the movies too. Our campground shows a movie on Sundays and Wednesdays in our club house. I have gone twice. I saw Shadowlands with Anthony Hopkins and My House in Umbria. They were both older movies but both enjoyable. Tonight I think the movie is Freda.
I have had lots to do. It is Annual Meeting time for the Cemetery Society so I had to get the notices out to all our members. I am being nominated to fill my Dad's spot as one of the Directors. I want to make sure this project keeps going as it was very important to Dad. I also put out my first meeting as President for my on line Sorority chapter. It went well even though my internet was iffy at times. The girls were very patient. I am also President of our Good Sam Camping Club for the rest of the year. I was Vice but as Tony was President I am now in charge for the rest of the year. They have had a couple of campouts before we got home but our first meeting will be at the campout next weekend in Sooke. To top the summer off it looks like I may go back to work part time. They are desparate for travel agents here so I thought I might as well make a little money while I am here for six months. So I guess I will be very busy. HA
I went to the Rec Center on Wednesday and did a water exercise class. I am out of shape so it was quite difficult but I will get back in shape soon. I didn't get there on Friday as I had to go to the Travel Agency to see if the computor stuff was familiar enough for me to be comfortable and it was. I hope to get to Water exercise tomorrow. I am meeting with the Manager today to talk salary and shifts.
I guess that is all the news for now. Till next time.....

<< Home